GRADUATE FINANACIAL AID
The university has a scholarship open to graduate students. The details are explained below.
The Career Development Scholarship at the School of Graduate Studies (SGS)
The SGS will be offering a Career Development Scholarship to start as soon as its launched Masters programs begin.
SCHOLARSHIP STRUCTURE AND RECIPIENT NUMBER
A Merit Based Scholarship with 50% tuition waiver – 03 recipients.
A Financial Need Based Scholarship with 75% tuition waiver – 07 recipients.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
- • Applicants must be a staff either CUIB or the Catholic Education Secretariat (working as a secondary school teacher in the Buea Diocese).
- • Applicants must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a scale of 4 or better for the Merit based scholarship.
- • CUIB applicants must have served for at least 2 years at the time of application.
- • CUIB applicants must also submit an engagement letter certifying applicants’ continued employment with CUIB for at least 3 years following completion of studies.
- • A complete application file into one of its masters programs.
For the Merit Based Scholarship, a complete application file must include the following:
- • A certified copy of B.Sc. Certificate (or its equivalent)
- • A certified copy of B.Sc. Transcript
- • A certified copy of birth Certificate
- • Certified copy of GCE A/L, BAC (or the equivalent)
- • A medical certificate of Fitness
- • A letter of Motivation
- • Three letters of Recommendation
- • Four Passport sized Photographs
For the Financial Need Based Scholarship, a complete application file must include the following:
- Proof of financial need – current bank statement with at least three months of past financial activities, a current pay slip, a receipt of monthly rents and number of dependents.
- A strong track record of meritorious service in the school where you serve.
- Any service awards or recognition.
Candidates can apply online or obtain information from the CUIB Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management. Completed files should be sent to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management. Scholarship files will be reviewed after students have been granted formal admission into one of its programs and then the beneficiaries will be notified. A student can only apply for either the Merit based or Financial Need scholarship and not both. We will continue to receive applications for these scholarships until receipt of applications for admission into our graduate programs are closed.